Frequently Asked Questions
- Help! I can't get my web-cam working!
- Help! I can't remember my password!
- Help! I want to get my widget on my profile or blog
- Help! I can't find my mugshow in the search area
- Help! I want to retake a picture from the past.
- Help! I want to upload a series of pictures I took myself
- Help! I want to upload today's picture from a file, not a webcam
- Help! I want to take a second picture today
- Help! I don't have a webcam!
- Help! How do I refresh my browser cache?
We use email to validate you if you lose a password, and to let you know when someone has posted a comment about your mugshow. We will NEVER sell/give your email away.
Certainly! You can upload any image you like from a digital camera to a scan, anything really :) Of course it must be an image.
Yes! Once you are logged in, goto 'My Mugshow' -> 'update account' for details. This is great for mobile... I took my mugshot from the Brooklyn Bridge recently :)
The Mac DMSReminder supports Mac OS versions 10.4.x and later.
The Windows DMSReminder supports Windows versions XP.
Easy! First quit the app by clicking on the Daily Mugshot icon at the top of your screen and selecting quit. Then go into your applications folder, find DMS Reminder, and drag it into your trash. Thats it!
Easy! First quit the app by selecting the Daily Mugshot icon in your taskbar (at the bottom right of your screen) choosing quit. Then open Add/Remove programs from the control panel, find DMS Reminder and select uninstall. Thats it!
Please try all of these as they apply:
Easy. Make sure you are logged in and click here to go to the publish section. From there its a breeze!
Your mugshow will only be featured in the search area if the 'Public' check-box in the My Sequence section is checked.
There is no way to update pictures taken in the past. This is done purposefully. The goal of this project is to offer authentic daily snapshots, and this feature would compromise that. However, if you want to remove a picture from the mugshow, you can find the thumbnail in your 'My Sequence' section and uncheck it.
There is no way to upload a batch of photos. This is done purposefully. The goal of this project is to offer authentic daily snapshots, and this feature would compromise that.
Fantastic! When you click 'Take a Pic' from the main nav, you will be taken to a page which has a big button: 'Upload Pic'. Just hit this and you are on your way!
No Problem! How about uploading an image from a digital camera? When you click 'Take a Pic' from the main nav, you will be taken to a page which has a big button: 'Upload Pic'. Just hit this and you are on your way!
- Log into your Daily Mugshot account by entering your username and password in the designated fields. (If you don't already have one, you create an account by tapping on the "create an account" link on the bottom of the home screen. It will take you the Daily Mugshot registration page within the iPhone's safari browser where you can create a username and password for your account.)
- Once you're logged in and ready to take your first Mugshot, tap on the "Take Mugshot" button in the bottom right hand corner.
- After taking your first Mugshot, you'll be able to preview and decide to either re-take or to use the photo you just captured.
- Once you're happy with your Mugshot, you'll be able to pinch or move (aka. "pan") the image so that it's centered on the screen. When you're happy with the image, tap the "upload" button in the bottom right-hand corner to submit your first Mugshot. If you decide that you'd like to re-take your Mugshot, tap on the re-take button on the bottom left-hand corner.
- After you tap "upload", you'll be presented with an open-text field where you can add comments to your Mugshot. If you don't want to write a comment, leave the field blank and tap the "Submit" button in the upper right hand corner. That's it, you're done for today! If you change your mind and decide you'd like to retake your daily Mugshot after you've already uploaded it, don't worry; You can always edit or delete your Mugshots at a later date by logging into your account on www.DailyMugshot.com.
- Once you have a few photos logged, you can tap “View Mugshot” on the homescreen to view an animated slideshow of all the photos you’ve take. If you tap the screen you can view the slideshow options. From here you can adjust the slideshow speed, pause the slideshow, manually switch between photos and choose to turn on or off the slideshow repeat, stats and photo comments.
You do! Check the terms, but basically you own it all, you just grant us the right to 'do stuff' with it, which enables us to post it to your profile, etc...
The good side! This project was started from a place of fun, and it is going to stay that way. We don't give away your email, we don't bug you, we don't charge anything. I just thought this would be a fun thing to do. And I really hope you like it! Your feedback is (seriously) appreciated.